Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My gluten free "sweetie" desserts - low sugar too!

The other day, my husband made another gluten free "starter" for some sourdough pancakes. He has a "thing" for sourdough pancakes... he grew up eating them almost every day! And I haven't been able to eat them for years due to my gluten intolerance. 

So................. after a few days of the starter working, he made a batch... and boy were they good! Well... I decided to have him write the recipe so I could post it on my blog. I even took photos! 


Then I went to post the recipe on my blog, and discovered that I had already posted the recipe two years ago! ..... well maybe a little bit different of a recipe, but essentially the same. Boy my mind does not work as well as it used to, does yours?

And in looking at that older recipe, I decided while I was there, to go take a look at all my other GF recipes, and they all look so delectable! I decided to put links here to all of my gluten free recipes, just for the heck of it, in case any new person is just now viewing my blog. Wouldn't want you to miss out on these (scroll to end).  


And also... for your information..... my husband now pretty much PREFERS gluten free desserts over desserts made with wheat flower and more sugar! So just because they are gluten free, does not mean they aren't good............... in fact.... usually better. 

I make all of my GF recipes with way less sugar than called for... or none at all and just a little bit of agave syrup... so you see?....... these are also low sugar!

WIN WIN situation.   Here they are:

Gluten free walnut-banana-raisin bread

Yummy gluten free sourdough pancakes
   (delicious.. but my current recipe I think is even better.. let me know if you want it - hubby tweaked it a little bit)

Gluten free carrot cake
   (the BEST ever that I have ever had!)

Gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies
   (again the BEST ever and a huge hit whenever I make them)


Gluten free spicey muffins
   (also dairy, sugar and egg free)

Fruit salad with ginger dressing and Gluten free cinnamon rolls
   (OK the rolls come from a mix, but they are scrumptious!)


Hope you try one of these, even if you DON'T have to eat gluten free. Most use a gluten free pre-made baking mix, such as Bob's Red Mill or King Arthur..... and ps.s.s.s.s.t.t.t.t...... no one will know they are gluten free!

Let me know if you try any of these and what you think.


2 comments:

  1. Marilyn these look delish. I am going for low to no added sugar in my diet these days. will have to try one of your recipes with the kiddo before we return to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... low or no sugar is for me. The oatmeal raisin cookies have 1/2 cup of brown sugar and I think you could reduce it to 1/4 cup. There is 1/4 cup molasses and I think you could reduce that to 1/8 of a cup. And these cookies are so so so so good! My hubby can't leave them alone. I have to hide them. Kiddos would love them! Marlyn

      Delete