Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Monday, May 26, 2014

SAFARI ANIMALS CARD IN A BOX.

Oh my... this seems to be all the rage right now! Lookey here at the "card in a box" that I made using one sheet of the cutest safari animal scrapbook paper I've ever seen, plus one sheet of gold cardstock.  I had never even seen one of these until one of my fellow Close to My Heart consultants, Ellen Jarvis, at Card Monkeys paper Jungle, posted one on our Facebook page group. Here is hers:

She has another pretty pop up box card that she recently made for her mother on Mother's Day.  Go take a look, it's gorgeous.   And she also has a template she's included in her blog post, so YOU can make some of these darling cards in a box (for your personal use only).

Here's mine (below).  I'm not doing a tutorial as it is quite time consuming to make this "card".  I'll post a video link below that I used to make my box card. I'll post some front, side, top pictures of my card in a box,, and a close-up view of the cute, glittery animals, here:




The inside of the box has two strips that you glue on, and that is where you mount your figures, or animals or flowers, or whatever is "popping" out of the box!

I "fussy cut" all of the animals out of the scrapbook paper, which was a very stiff paper.

The "box" lays flat too, so you can put it in an envelope! Very ingenious. The video link I'm posting HERE from Stamping T! is for a smaller pop up card box, that would fit into an A2 sized envelope (like the first card box above from Ellen Jarvis).  Note that the little box area is shorter and not as tall as mine. My card in a box is made to a bigger size, so I had to custom make a 6x8 envelope to put it in.

Card is laid flat here to easily put into an envelope.

This is the other side of the "card" which is laid flat. There is a place to write your sentiment and add little doo dads.

Here's a link to Monica Gale's BLOG AND VIDEO who has instructions for making a larger box like mine.

I hope you receive a little inspiration from this post.  Be sure to  Follow Me on Bloglovin' so you can receive all of my blog posts in your own blog feed. 

Bye for now!                       .


  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

No comments:

Post a Comment