Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

FONTS GALORE!

As you may (or may not) know, I LOVE creating digital stuff on the computer! Right now, I'm hooked on fonts! 

I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts! kevinandamanda.com/fontsKevin and Amanda - Fonts for Peas have some fun, wonderful and FREE fonts for your personal use, and many are geared for your blogs and scrapbooking.

I love making little tags on the computer for printing out and using on my canvas art, my cards, and on scrapbook pages. You can be sure I'll be making some little cards to go in the Close to My Heart Picture My Life albums too.

I'm in the process of attempting to make some tags and printables of Subway Art, to put in my ETSY SHOP.  I've found that I can use fonts from Kevin and Amanda for commercial use, as long as I post a link to their site and use their Blog Button on my blog and on Etsy.  In my search for fonts for "commercial use" I'm finding I have to email the creator of the font and ask his/her permission. It's a long process but I'm getting there.

Kevin and Amanda's fonts are DARLING, and you can even submit your own handwriting and they will make a font from  your handwriting! How cool is that? Go HERE ON THEIR SITE if you want to do that. 

Here are three of their fonts I just love:

Pea Goldilocks

Southern Accent Belch

Ms to Try a Bon?
I'm going to try to make this last one into my signature as it looks alot like my own handwriting!


I can spend hours browsing different fonts on such sites as DAFONTS.COMFONTSPACE.COM  and FONTPARK.NET. These are my favorite sites for free fonts. They also have some free commercial use fonts, and I have already gotten permission to use a few.  And of course, now that I've discovered Fonts for Peas, I just LOVE theirs!  

Downloading new decorative fonts is very addictive, and now that I know how to download them and actually USE THEM, I'm a goner!

It took me awhile to figure out how to actually download and use a font! I've typed up some instructions for use with Windows 7.  If you would like them, please email me and I'd be happy to send them to you (or you can COMMENT here and request them). It is really fairly easy. 

You can use downloaded fonts in MS Word, and in most design software programs.  I tried using the fonts I downloaded in PicMonkey, but they don't show up there. I tried using them in another FUN photo editing program called FOTOR.COM and they were all there! Fotor.com is my new love!

I love my Printmaster and The Print Shop photo editing and design programs. They are so user friendly and MUCH easier to use than Photoshop and Gimp (free). They are made by BRODERBUND.  I use Printmaster to make flyers, newsletters, tags, business cards, etc. such as these:

Tag or printable.

Tag or printable.

Flyer I made last year for CTMH's sale.
If you want to try your hand at downloading and playing with some new fonts, hope this helps you in the process!


Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. Would love the instructions on how to download fonts and how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I would love to send you the instructions but I don't have your email address! Please email me at pinkpapercottage@yahoo.com so I have your email address, so I can send these to you! Marilyn @ pinkpapercottage.blogspot.com

      Delete