Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

PLAYING WITH PINS.

I've had so much fun this week with a new project! I think I'm getting into the Christmas spirit!

ALTERED CLOTHESPINS! 



I'm in love with these cute little things. I don't know why! They are just plain, ordinary clothespins, not the cute little minis, but regular sized, dull, plain, wood clothespins. 

But oh how pretty they look all dressed up!


I think I'm smitten. They are not ordinary anymore!

Months ago, when I saw our new  Designed Decor Colonial White Frame, I knew I would eventually HAVE to get it, and decorate some little clothespins to clip on the wire in the frame, to hold some of my vintage photos for Christmas, for holidays, or just for fun.  (I LOVE vintage seed packets, so hum.m.m.m.m...... that is another project).

Each one is a mini work of art.




 

In painting and glittering up these little sweet things, I realize how many other uses they will have, like hanging my Christmas cards on a ribbon strung across my fireplace. I can now see decorating them for every holiday!

What I did:

I took the spring clips off. I painted two red.  I stamped on two using a vintage script stamp (using Staz On ink).

On the two I painted, I glued design paper on the top.
 
I then Mod Podged over the entire pins and let them dry.

On one of the stamped pins, I glued on a piece of lace, a holly button, a green paper bow that I made and some little pearl strands (using hot glue).

On the other stamped pin, I put some red tulle and a wreath button.

On one of the red pins, I glued it all over with clear glitter glue, then adhered a little plastic white snowflake (that I painted beige and put glitter glue on) and a red candy cane button, made a teeny tiny bow and glued them on with hot glue.

On the other red pin, I glued on a lace "fan" (that I stitched along one edge and pulled up the gathers), a holly button and a little silver glitter snowflake cut from my Cricut.

On some of the pins, I put self-adhesive gems on the top and bottom.

 
These look so pretty in the soft candlelight.  See how they glitter and glow?  They dress up a picture frame very nicely... in fact, I think I'll make a bunch more to clip on some of my other picture frames on my mantle, and............... well, just use your imagination!
 photo Blogsignature_zpse7467648.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment